Entrar/Registro  
HOME SPANISH
 
Acta Ortopédica Mexicana
   
MENU

Contents by Year, Volume and Issue

Table of Contents

General Information

Instructions for Authors

Message to Editor

Editorial Board






>Journals >Acta Ortopédica Mexicana >Year 2012, Issue 6


Hernández-López J, Deyden-Ibarra S
Endoscopic treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome
Acta Ortop Mex 2012; 26 (6)

Language: Español
References: 17
Page: 398-401
PDF: 4. Kb.

[Full text - PDF]

ABSTRACT

Background: Surgical treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome is possible with an open or an endoscopic approach. However, indications and results are still under discussion. This study reports the results in a group of patients using the double-port endoscopic technique. Methods: A group of patients who underwent endoscopic surgery at an orthopedic hospital were assessed; their symptoms and postoperative satisfaction were reported. Results were considered as excellent when symptoms subsided completely and as poor if symptoms persisted. Results: Results were excellent or good in 60% of cases; results were fair or poor in the remaining 40%. Conclusions: Endoscopic treatment is only one more alternative for the treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome. It is necessary to determine in which cases it is best indicated to properly select patients and get better results.


Key words: carpal bone, endoscopy, technic, pain, syndrome.





>Journals >Acta Ortopédica Mexicana >Year 2012, Issue 6
 
 Search   Advanced 


· Journal Index 
· Links 
       
Copyright 2010