2019, Number 2
PDF size: 208.30 Kb.
ABSTRACTIntroduction: Total intravenous anesthesia is characterized by hemodynamic stability, anesthetic depth, rapid and predictable recovery, less medication and less toxicity.
Objective: To describe the outcomes of total intravenous anesthesia in breast cancer surgery.
Method: A descriptive, longitudinal study was carried out in Hermanos Ameijeiras Clinical-Surgical Hospital, from January 2016 to December 2016, in 100 patients who were administered total intravenous anesthesia with midazolam and fentanyl for breast oncology surgery. The patients were determined hemodynamic repercussion, the level of sedation, analgesia, recovery and complications.
Results: The mean age of the patients was 58.99±12.5 years. Among the patients under study, 92% did not present clinical signs of superficiality. Only 21 patients presented complications. Variations in blood pressure were the most frequent (16%), followed by bradycardia or tachycardia in only four cases. Immediately, 74% of the cases were recovered and the remaining 26% did so timely. The level of sedation was adequate in 50% and excessive in 4%. Among the total number of cases, 99% experienced analgesic response without pain.
Conclusions: The outcomes of total intravenous anesthesia usage were good, with adequate analgesic response and few complications.
Kim SH, Oh CS, Yoon TG, Cho MJ, Yang JH, Yi HR. Total intravenous anaesthesia with high-dose remifentanil does not aggravate postoperTIVe nausea and vomiting and pain, compared with low-dose remifentanil: a double-blind and randomized trial. Scientific World J. 2014 [citado 1/04/2016],9 pags(sup l1):141-47. Article ID 724753. Disponible en: http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/724753.
Pérez Herrero MAS, López Álvarez A, Fadrique Fuentes F, Manzano Lorefice, Bartolomé Bartolomé C, González de Zárate J. Calidad de la recuperación posquirúrgica tras cirugía de mama. Anestesia general combinada con bloqueo paravertebral versus bloqueo del espacio serrato-intercostal. Rev. Española Anestesiol Rean. 2016;63(10):564-71.