Entrar/Registro  
HOME SPANISH
 
Revista de Hematología
   
MENU

Contents by Year, Volume and Issue

Table of Contents

General Information

Instructions for Authors

Message to Editor

Editorial Board






>Journals >Revista de Hematología >Year 2016, Issue 1


Rodríguez-Carrillo J
A subjective and personal evaluation of 70 hematology meetings in the period 2013-2015
Rev Hematol Mex 2016; 17 (1)

Language: Español
References: 5
Page: 3-7
PDF: 438.79 Kb.


Full text




ABSTRACT

Objective: To analyze and assess some characteristics of 70 educational events identified in a period of 24 months and to do improvement proposals for organizers, attenders and sponsors.
Material and Method: A subjective and purposeful vision is presented. All educational meetings from December 2013 to December 2015 were counted; author was eye witness of monthly sessions, congresses, private meetings with food and some international courses to Mexican hematologists assisted. Meetings organized by societies and colleges of Hematology or by pharmaceutical industry were identified and themes presented three or more times in a period of six months for a year were analyzed.
Results: Seventy educational events of hematological interest were identified in a 24-month period. Hematology societies organized 14% and the rest 86% were promoted by the pharmaceutical industry, mainly with issues of malignant hematological diseases. Educational achievement was arbitrarily qualified as good only in 20% of the meetings.
Conclusions: In Mexico there is an educational saturation in topics of hematological interest in which only 20% of the conferences were qualified as “good”.


Key words: congresses, educational activities.


REFERENCIAS

  1. Rejuvenation exercise, led by Anthony L Back, MD, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, 3.40-3.50 h. Cancer survivorship symposium: Advancing Care and Research. January 15-16, 2016. San Francisco, CA, USA.

  2. Zamarriego Izquierdo JF. Relación entre el médico y la industria farmacéutica. ¿Cómo debe ser? Medicina clínica 2008;130:298-299.

  3. Ruiz-Argüelles GJ. Sobre las lentejas, los profesionales de la salud y la industria farmacéutica. En: Narrativa Médica en los 150 años de la Academia Nacional de Medicina. 2014;1:225-228.

  4. Ruiz-Argüelles GJ. Reflexiones sobre las relaciones entre médicos e industria farmacéutica. Rev Invest Clín Méx 1997;49:79-80.

  5. Ruiz-Argüelles GJ. A new breed in the teaching of medicine: Paid lecturers, trainers or speakers? Acta Haematol 2016; 135:191-192.






>Journals >Revista de Hematología >Year 2016, Issue 1
 

· Journal Index 
· Links 






       
Copyright 2019